Directions from the web on how to safely make a floorcloth.
Boiled Linseed oil
Mineral spirits Paint thinner
- Make a sizing by boiling about a quart of water and adding cornstarch mixed in cold water until the mixture become syrupy
- Paint the cloth with the cornstarch sizing and let dry
- Mix one part boiled linseed oil with one part mineral spirits. Add two tblps of japan dryer per pint.
- With a brush, pain the cloth with the linseed oil mix and let dry. This can take up to two days.
- Mix one part boiled linseed oil with TWO parts mineral spirits. Add two tblps Japan dryer per pint.
Paint cloth with this mixture and let dry two days. Add another coat of this